It's a life drawing event with adult beverages and interesting models, i.e., burlesque performers, sideshow folk, circus people, etc. There are Dr. Sketchy's all over the world--even if you're not in Baltimore, there might be one near you.
The Windup Space, 12 W North Ave, Baltimore MD, 21201
1) 18 and over. $12 at the door, $10 if you purchase your ticket online by midnight the night before (advance sales are final).
2) Applaud the model. Imagine standing perfectly still for three hours in front of a crowd of silent, staring, and seemingly unappreciative strangers. Now, imagine doing that in a g-string.
3) Tip the model. Again, their job is waaay harder than it looks.
4) Don't take pictures of the model's crotch and post them on Flickr. That's just creepy (see #6, below). In fact, only Dr. Sketchy's staff are allowed to take pictures or video at all. Press folks are exempt from this rule, but should contact us AT LEAST 24 hours beforehand. The model is agreeing to pose for folks drawing, not a photo shoot, so if we are going to make an exception, we at least need time to get his or her permission.
5) If the official photographer is standing in front of you, please be patient---s/he'll move shortly.
6) Don't be creepy.
7) NO OUTSIDE DRINKS! The ONLY reason it is worth WindUp's time to host us is to sell drinks :)
Email us at drsketchysbaltimore (at) gmail.com.